Identifying a good opportunity, and gaining the exposure necessary to become a viable competitor, is the entry point into the race. Having accomplished this, a strong competitor will now develop and execute a solid plan for capturing the business. This requires bringing together internal (management, financial and technical) and external (team) resources for an orchestrated interaction with the potential client. It is a planned program for developing an in-depth understanding of what the client needs and wants, refining your company’s message and solution to create the optimal match, and developing the respect and trust that will enable the client to be comfortable in choosing you as the vendor for this work.
At GovBizDev we have developed a sophisticated Capture Management process which we will lead you through to position you as one of the preferred vendors competing for the opportunity. Interfacing with the Business Development efforts to access the client and develop a team, we will help you to:
- Define the details of the opportunity, including factors that can influence your position, such as the clients procurement strategy, geographic considerations, procurement timelines, program background, competitors, contract history, and more
- Define your needs in terms of an organizational response and key personnel requirements
- Develop client interactions to establish their needs, goals and objectives, buying trends, risk considerations, hot-buttons and more
- Develop your response approach in terms of strengths and discriminators, technical solution, storylines, ghosting, teaming strategy, price-to-win and more
- Prepare for the proposal effort by identifying and assessing materials/content to be used
- Developing, maintaining and helping to execute Call Plans, Marketing Plans and Proposal Plans